Re: netcdf-java for maven?

On Tue, August 15, 2006 10:32 pm, John Caron wrote:

> No, we looked at moving our builds to maven, and decided for now not to.
> We did layout our directories in maven compatible way (I hope). Im
> assuming isn not too hard, but dont have time now. Any maven gurus who'd
> like to create a maven build file for us?

Hosted in a maven repository != build with maven. :)

All that is involved, is that the published jars of the netcdf-java
project be uploaded to the right place in the
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2 website, and the dependencies for
netcdf-java are declared correctly in a descriptor file.

This allows third party projects that are dependent on netcdf-java, to
simply add notice of this dependency to their pom.xml files, after which
maven automatically downloads netcdf-java and all it's dependencies
automatically for the developer. This would be a huge potential timesaver
for users of netcdf-java who build their projects with maven.

I can give it a try to get the files uploaded, I just need to know the
dependency tree of the jars published by netcdf-java - ie which jars
depend specically on which other jars, both internal to netcdf, and
external (like commons-logging, etc).

Does anyone know where I might get this information for the following files:

bufr.jar
grib.jar
jdom.jar
jpeg2000.jar
netcdfUI-2.2.16.jar
prefsAll.jar
resourcesOptional.jar

I assume these are the external dependencies, is this correct?

commons-codec-1.3.jar
commons-httpclient-3.0.jar
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
gnu-regexp-1.1.4.jar