Re: Notes from last Friday

Dr. Maidment:

Here are some notes from my work last week.

--------------
NetCDF in Matlab

Last Friday, I was able to download netCDF files and read the variables into
arrays in Matlab.  To read netCDF, I used Matlab scripts that I found here:

http://jisao.washington.edu/data/matlab_netcdf.html

BTW, according to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

"MATLAB does not currently support reading netcdf files.  There is a 3rd party
package that exists, but since it is written by an external party party we cannot
assist with its use.  You can learn more about it at the following URL:

 http://mexcdf.sourceforge.net/

"

They also have a way to use a Java library; we are experimenting now with using
the netcdf-java library from within matlab. I can forward more info if you need
it.