Logging

The simplest thing to do is to add this to your program:

import java.util.logging.*;

Logger logger = Logger.getLogger("ucar"); logger.setLevel(Level.SEVERE);

that should turn off all messages except errors from all packages under ucar.

you might also want to investigate using logging for your own program. We
actually use a logging facade called slf4j, so people can use various loggers
with nj22. jdk1.4 is the default logging package (log4j is another, recommended
for server applications).

Robert B. Schmunk wrote:

John,

To be honest, I have no idea if I have logging enabled or not.

It's certainly not something I have deliberately specified, and in fact
I just had to Google on "jdk1.4 logging" to find out what you were
referring to.

If jdk1.4 logging is something that needs to be deliberately invoked,  then
I would assume it is _not_ on, but my cluelessness on the topic is such
that I could be wrong.

rbs