Re: CF convention

Hi STu:

Try using this service:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:9080/thredds/cdmValidate.html
it should tell you what problems you have.

Stuart Wier wrote:
John,

I need to make sure that the NetCDF files made at UNAVCO of solid earth geophysics data are Cf compilant and also THREDDS compliant. I will be reading the CF docs
carefully, and then visiting with you.

Could you glance at this cdl header and tell me if it may be
CF compliant? Ted Haberman of NGDC wants me to adapt my ascii converter
to turn an archive of bathymetry files into CF and THREDDS netcdf files,
and this is what I am making now.

Stu

netcdf point_data_for_GEON_IDV {

dimensions:
         recNum = UNLIMITED ;
variables:
   float latitude(recNum) ;
       latitude:long_name = "latitude" ;
       latitude:units = "degrees_north" ;
   float longitude(recNum) ;
       longitude:long_name = "longitude" ;
       longitude:units = "degrees_east" ;
   float depth(recNum) ;
       depth:units = "meters" ;
   int timeObs (recNum) ;
       timeObs:units = "seconds since 1970-01-01 00 UTC" ;
   float Altitude (recNum) ;
        Altitude:units = "meters" ;
// global attributes:
    :Source = "NGDC bathymetry"