Re: netcdf file returns corrupt byte data if using fill

Hi Bryce:

Thanks for taking the time on this. So far, I havent been able to reproduce this problem, or else im not looking in the right place. One think thats a little funny is that this line dimData[0] = netCDFFile.addDimension("TIME", -1); //dynamic dimension

needs to be changed to: dimData[0] = netCDFFile.addDimension("TIME", -1, true, true, false); //explicit declaration of unlimited dimension

so im not sure how you got the program to run.

I have attached my resulting netcdf file, which seems ok to me. does it look
bad to you ?

BTW, the default value of fill i think has always been false; in the newer
version, you should use

 public NetcdfFileWriteable(String location, boolean fill);

So maybe theres still some confusion of versions, or some other nefarious
environmental difference between our two tests ??

Lee,Bryce [Ontario] wrote:
Hi John,

Sorry for the delay. We've been finishing up a new release here.

I've now downloaded netcdf-2.2.10.jar and adapted the example source to
it.

The problem still occurs. I've attached the update source.

Regards,

Bryce