Re: netCDF Java - missing unused dimension in cdf file

  • To: Michael Keller <km@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: netCDF Java - missing unused dimension in cdf file
  • From: John Caron <caron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:01:22 -0600
Hi Michael:

i dont see any unused dimensions in the test file, but see them in the other file, so i assume they didnt get added. when in doubt, use the c library ncdump utility

it might be a bug in my code, can you use the latest version of the library (2.2.10) and try again? If that fails, send me your code that creates the file.

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf-java/index.html

FYI, we prefer ".nc" for binary netcdf files, "cdf" for a similar file format
from NASA:

  http://cdf.gsfc.nasa.gov/