Re: NIDS decompression error

Steve Ansari wrote:

Hi John,

The NetCDF Java library seems to be having problems with certain partially zlib compressed Level-III files. Here is part of the stack trace:

ERROR on inflation unknown compression method
java.util.zip.DataFormatException: unknown compression method
       at java.util.zip.Inflater.inflateBytes(Native Method)
       at java.util.zip.Inflater.inflate(Unknown Source)
       at java.util.zip.Inflater.inflate(Unknown Source)
at ucar.nc2.iosp.nids.Nidsheader.GetZlibedNexr(Nidsheader.java:1760)
       at ucar.nc2.iosp.nids.Nidsheader.readZLibNIDS(Nidsheader.java:280)

I attaching the two files, one bad, one good.
N0R_20050721_2042 (BAD)
N0R_20050721_2047 (GOOD)

Thanks for your help on this. The NetCDF library and decoders are extremely useful! Thanks!

Steve Ansari

Hi Steve:

I just put out a new release of 2.2.10 that should fix this and some other bugs. We are going to be cleaning up NIDS variable names and attributes in the next few weeks, so if you have any feedback, it would be appreciated.

thanks,

John