[netcdf-hdf] convert_hdfeos5 build problems on Ubuntu

Hi All,

As far as I can tell from web-searches, convert_hdfeos5 is the
HDF-recommended/supported way to convert HDF5-EOS files to netCDF4.
(It's unclear whether/how convert_hdfeos5 differs from 'h4toh5 -eos
-nc4strict'. I want to use whichever method HDF Group
recommends/supports, though I would actually settle to get either
working.)  So I grabbed the latest version, eos52nc4-1.1 and...

On my Ubuntu 11.04 Natty x86_64 system with all software installed
from the Ubuntu repositories, configuring convert_hdfeos5 fails (below).

The error message is not helpful.
How can I build convert_hdfeos5 on Ubuntu?
Does anyone have Debian/Ubuntu packages for convert_hdfeos5 or h4toh5?

Any guidance apreciated,
Charlie

zender@neige:/data/zender/tmp/eos52nc4-1.1$ ./configure CC=/usr/bin/h5cc
--with-hdf5=/usr/lib --with-hdfeos5=/usr/lib --with-netcdf4=/usr/lib
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... /usr/local/bin/h5cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether /usr/local/bin/h5cc accepts -g... yes
checking for /usr/local/bin/h5cc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking dependency style of /usr/local/bin/h5cc... gcc3
checking for compress2 in -lz... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /usr/local/bin/h5cc -E
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking hdf5.h usability... yes
checking hdf5.h presence... yes
checking for hdf5.h... yes
checking for H5Fflush in -lhdf5... yes
checking for H5DSis_scale in -lhdf5_hl... yes
checking for inv_init in -lGctp... no
configure: error: invalid Gctp in hdfeos5
zender@neige:/data/zender/tmp/eos52nc4-1.1$

--
Charlie Zender, Department of Earth System Science
University of California, Irvine (949) 891-2429 :)