Re: [netcdf-hdf] hdf5-1.8.2-post3 problem linking with gfortran 4.3.2

  • To: Elena Pourmal <epourmal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-hdf] hdf5-1.8.2-post3 problem linking with gfortran 4.3.2
  • From: Charlie Zender <zender@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:32:14 -0800
Hi Elena,

> Could you please send me the output of the configure command and
> config.log file?

The configure, config.log, and make output, respectively, are in

http://dust.ess.uci.edu/tmp/hdf5.configure.i686-pc-linux-gnu.foo
http://dust.ess.uci.edu/tmp/hdf5.config.log.i686-pc-linux-gnu.foo
http://dust.ess.uci.edu/tmp/hdf5.make.i686-pc-linux-gnu.foo

> I don't understand why shared libraries are built when you use
> --disable-shared.....

It fails similarly in gfortran linking, regardless of --disable-shared.
I inadvertently sent the output from --enable-shared before. Sorry.
Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks,
Charlie
--
Charlie Zender, Department of Earth System Science
University of California, Irvine (949) 824-2987