Re: NETCDF 4 release date?

Hi Francois,

> I am very interesting in the new features of the future
> NETCDF 4 and I was wondering if there's a target or tentative
> date for the release of this software?

An alpha release is available now from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-4/

but a beta release needs features that will be implemented in HDF5
version 1.8.  I'm hoping we'll be able to package a netCDF-4 beta
release within a few weeks of on an HDF5 1.8 beta release, and we
expect that will be available early next year.

As usual, unanticipated problems could cause delays.

--Russ