Re: How to associate attributes with fields in netCDF-4 compound types?

Simon,

> Is something like this likely to be 'officially' sanctioned as a NUG
> recommendation at some stage?

Yes, although it would be better if there were library support than if
it's just a convention.  But we have know experience with it yet, so
we can't even recommend it as a best practice for netCDF-4 until we've
explored all the dark corners.

If it seems to work, we will consider adding support for getting and
storing the attributes of named members of a compound type into API
calls that uses this name matching of attribute members,

--Russ