Re: distribution issues - moving zlib into HDF5...

> Having seen the arguments from the HDF side and the netCDF side, I still
> agree, wholeheartedly, with Ed.  If we say HDF5 supports a certain kind of
> compression, there should be no if's about it.  It has to be complete
> support, not 95% support.

    I'm not terribly opposed to requiring zlib in order to build the HDF5
distribution (at least by default), it's a fairly pervasive technology by this
point.  The main point I was trying to make was about not shipping zlib with
the HDF5 (or netCDF-4) distribution and building/installing our own version.

    Quincey