Re: questions about HDF5 enums...

Hi Quincey and Ed,

At 10:39 AM 12/7/2005, Quincey Koziol wrote:
Hi Ed,

> Are there any good examples of the use of HDF5 enums?

    Hmm, you can look in the hdf5/test/enum.c code for how we test them.

> If a user makes an enum, based on an unsigned type, and then tries to
> read it in fortran, with no unsigned types, what happens? I presume it
> works anyway, right?

    Hmm, I don't know. :-)  Elena, do you know?

Good question...Should work, but I don't think it is tested.

        Quincey

Elena Pourmal, HDF QA, Maintenance and Support Team Leader
NCSA University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
605 E. Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820

epourmal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(217)333-0238 (office)