Re: where does zlib come from when using hdf hl APIs?

Ed,

HL and zlib are included by default.

HDF5 configure tries to find zlib library on the system. If it finds it,
then HDF5 is built with deflate filter enabled.

Do you have zlib on you system? Are you building 32 or 64-bit library?

You may check config.log file to see why zlib was not found.

Please send me your config.log file

Thank you!

Elena

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Ed Hartnett wrote:

> HDFers,
>
> Do I have to do anything special to get zlib to be built? Or to get
> the HL interfaces built?
>
> I just built the latest dev snapshot on a Sun, and it can't find
> zlib. Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ed

Elena Pourmal, HDF QA, Maintenance and Support Team Leader
NCSA University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
605 E. Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820

epourmal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(217)333-0238 (office)