Re: Strings

Hi Ed,

You should be able to use strlen function on each element of your array to get a length of each string.

Elena

At 01:11 PM 9/8/2005, Ed Hartnett wrote:

HDF Folk:

If I have a attribute which is a 1D array of string, how, in general,
do I find out the length of each string in the array, so that I can
allocate space for it?

If I use H5Sget_simple_extent_ndims then I get the number of strings
in the array, but how do I get the length of each string?

Also, if I read it into a buffer, is each string null-terminated? Is
there some usual way to store an array of strings in C for HDF5 users?

Thanks!

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Elena Pourmal, HDF QA, Maintenance and Support Team Leader
NCSA University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
605 E. Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820

epourmal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(217)333-0238 (office)