Re: questions about H5DSiterate_scales

You are doing the right thing.

The junk at the end of the name is probably means the string isn't
zero terminated.  I don't know if you created it without the terminator,
or what happened.

If 'h5dump' shows the same junk, then the dataset was created with
the wrong name.  If 'h5dump' is OK, then something messed up the read.
It's hard to say from what is included here.

The iterator is looking at the dimensions attached to dataset did,
dimension dim.  The third parameter is the index for this dimension,
e.g., if there is more than one scale attached to dimension 2.

So the info is:

  did:  the dataset being queried
  dim:  the dimension (0, 1, 2, ...)
  idx:  the scale for the dim