New document: Example of mapping specification netcdf4 -> hdf5 [mcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]

All,

To start the ball rolling (or to start another ball rolling), I prepared
a new document,

 "Strawhorse: NetCDF to HDF5 mapping"

This document is a sketch of the kind of mapping specification I think we
need to create to define how netCDF4 will use HDF5.  Note that this is
 an abstract, high level mapping, not a detailed implementation plan.

This document is not intended to be the last word on any design issues,
although it may help identify things that need to be discussed.

Please find the draft at:

  http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/RFC/netcdf-hdf5/netcdf_h5_notes.html

--
Robert E. McGrath  (HDF Java Team Leader)
Champaign, Illinois 61820

mcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxx