to turn it off per run via H5Eset_auto().  It is also possible for
third party libraries (e.g., netCDF) to turn it off during the setup
stage if they feel their users do not need the automatic error messages.

At 08:10 AM 12/29/2003, you wrote:
Hello HDF5 People!

When I cause an HDF5 error  get this kind of printout:

HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 library version: 1.6.1 thread 0. Back trace follows.
  #000: H5F.c line 2357 in H5Fcreate(): unable to create file
    major(04): File interface
    minor(15): Unable to open file
  #001: H5F.c line 1914 in H5F_open(): unable to open file
    major(04): File interface
    minor(15): Unable to open file
  #002: H5FD.c line 830 in H5FD_open(): open failed
    major(22): Virtual File Layer
    minor(27): Unable to initialize object
  #003: H5FDsec2.c line 321 in H5FD_sec2_open(): unable to open file
    major(04): File interface
    minor(15): Unable to open file

This has been very helpful to me, but I would like to turn it off. I
see the H5Eset_auto() function, but I wonder if I really have to turn
this off every time I use the HDF5 library?

Or did I somehow turn this on by default when I built my copy of HDF5,
and for other people it will be off by default?

Thanks!

Ed

--
Albert Cheng
Scientific Data Technologies Group, NCSA              217-244-1955 voice