Re: why does this give me a segmetation fault?

Hi Ed,
    Hmm, the program seems to be running fine here.  This is the output:

number of data in dataset: 1
number of data in dataset: 1
the float: 99.900002
number of data in dataset: 2
number of data in dataset: 2
the float: 88.800003

    What machine are you running on?  What version of HDF5?

        Quincey