creating netCDF XDR files with HDF 3.3 Beta Release 1

While HDF 3.3 Beta Release 1 lets us read and write standard (XDR)
netCDF files, it will not let us create them (according to the README
file).  It would greatly enhance our ability to communicate with our
colleagues who only have netCDF if we could create XDR netCDF files,
too.  Could this feature be added?

                                        -- Benno

Benno Blumenthal  Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University
                  Palisades NY 10964     (914) 365-8350

internet:  benno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx