Meeting with Chris Houck on netCDF/HDF project

Hi,

I've set up a meeting with Chris Houck from NCSA to discuss various aspects
of the netCDF/HDF project, including the prototype he recently finished,
SILO extensions, and how NCSA's plans for netCDF mesh with our plans.  The
meeting will be here (in the conference room) on Friday, 17 July, at 1pm.
This is the only mutually agreeable time I could find in July when lots of
us weren't on vacation.  I hope we'll have had time to look at the prototype
netCDF/HDF library before then.  I've grabbed it and will let you know when
it's available for testing.  It should only require linking against the new
library to run existing applications and compare the performance and size of
files.

--Russ