CDF 2.2.0

From:   NCF::CDFSUPPORT   21-MAY-1992 11:20:00.63
To:     @CDFUSERS
CC:     CDFSUPPORT
Subj:   CDF Version 2.2 Release Announcement

Dear CDF users,

  With great fanfare we would like to announce the release of CDF
V2.2.0 (we know, it's about time).  CDF V2.2 has been ported to the
IBM PC running MS-DOS (as well as another UNIX machine, the HP 9000
series running HP-UX).  A number of other enhancements have been
made which are described in the "Release Notes" chapter of the CDF
User's Guide (which now consists of only one version for all of the
supported machines/operating systems).

CDFSUPPORT

The CDF V2.2 distribution is available via anonymous FTP and NSInet
for VMS systems, via anonymous FTP only for UNIX systems, and via
anonymous FTP and floppy disks for MS-DOS systems.

For VAX/VMS systems via anonymous FTP:

        ANONYMOUS account on NSSDCA.GSFC.NASA.GOV (128.183.36.23)
        in [.CDF.CDF22-DIST].  The files you need are README.DOC and
        CDF22-DIST.BCK.  Documentation is in [.CDF.CDF22-DIST.DOC].
        It is a PostScript file named CDFUG.PS (CDF User's Guide).

For VAX/VMS systems via NSInet (formerly SPAN):

        Copy the files:
        NSSDCA::ANON_DIR:[CDF.CDF22-DIST]CDF22-DIST.BCK
        NSSDCA::ANON_DIR:[CDF.CDF22-DIST]README.DOC

        Documentation is in:
        NSSDCA::ANON_DIR:[CDF.CDF22-DIST.DOC].  It is a PostScript
        file named CDFUG.PS (CDF User's Guide).

For UNIX systems via anonymous FTP:

        "anonymous" account on ncgl.gsfc.nasa.gov (128.183.10.238) in
        pub/cdf/cdf22-dist.  The files you need are README.doc and
        cdf22-dist.tar.Z (use binary mode to transfer the compressed
        tar file).  Documentation is in pub/cdf/cdf22-dist/doc.  It is
        a compressed PostScript file named cdfug.ps.Z (CDF User's Guide).

For MS-DOS systems via anonymous FTP:

        "anonymous" account on ncgl.gsfc.nasa.gov (128.183.10.238) in
        pub/cdf/cdf22-dist/ms-dos.  The files you need are README.DOC
        and *.EXE (use binary mode to transfer the executables).

For MS-DOS systems via floppy disk:

        Send a request to CDFSUPPORT with your mailing address and the
        type of floppy disk you are able to read.

The `readme' file explains how to build the distribution and print the
documentation.

We have a user support office (USO) for CDF that you should contact when you
need assistance.  For Email requests send to:

  Internet      -- CDFSUPPORT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (128.183.36.23)
  NSInet (SPAN) -- NSSDCA::CDFSUPPORT

There is an actual person for this account - her name is Kim Blackwell and
her phone number is (301) 286-9506.

Please let us know (via Email to CDFSUPPORT) if you get the distribution.
We would like to know who has the distribution so we know who to contact
when updates are available.

CDFSUPPORT