Re: CDF, netCDF and HDF Note from you attached below

>> You can enter (re)define mode and delete a whole variable. This generally
>> involves a copy.

> Is this new?  I was not aware that a variable could be deleted.

No. I mispoke. Only attributes can do this. I should finish my coffee
before answering mail.

-glenn

Date: 14 Jul 2004 16:39:58 -0600
From: Ed Hartnett <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: netcdf-hdf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HDF5 bitfields...
Sender: owner-netcdf-hdf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HDF5 Folk:

Is there an example somewhere about using bitfields in HDF5?

Or can you just tell me what functions would be used to create a
bitfield?

Limits on number of bits?

How are these stored then? Any sort of padding or what?

Ed