[needdata] Archived Forecast Model Data

Hi,

I am a summer intern at NCDC. This summer, I will be working on a project that
assess the feasibility of implementing a real-time snow storm impact scale. As
of now, the plan is the used archived forecast model output for snowfall and
calculate a RESIS (Regional Snowfall Impact Scale) score for a storm based on
what the model output for snowfall. To accomplish this, I need archived
forecast model output for snowfall. NCDC has archived GFS and NAM snowfall
forecasts from 2004 onward. This is adequate but having archived snowfall
forecasts from farther back in time could be useful. Does anyone know where I
could acquire archived model snowfall forecasts from before 2004?

Thanks!

  • Search the needdata archives: