[mcidas-x] How Activate or Use the Command LIne in McIDAS V?

hello, how I can activate or use the command line in McIDAS V? I must have
installed McIDAS X? is there any way to connect remotely? I am a student of the
Centre for Atmospheric Sciences at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
and i am using McIDAS V for for analyzing mesoscale convective systems in
Mexico.
I'm connecting to the server unidata2.ssec.wissc.edu, via ftp, to get data of
the GOES  10 and 12 satellite . Is there any way to access these data directly
from McIDAS V?

 LCA. Boris Vladimir Comi Gonzalez
Centro de Ciencias de la Atmosfera
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de México