[libcf] alpha3 release, with beginnings of new F90 API...

NOTE: The libcf mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Howdy Libcf Users!

I am pleased to announce a new alpha release of libcf:
1.0-alpha-3. Get it from the libcf web page:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/libcf/

This release contains the beginning of a new API for libcf, the F90
API. Unlike the existing F77 API, the new F90 API can take advantage
of advanced fortran language features, and it uses the new fortran
standard way to call C code, thus eliminating the need for the
horrible (but horribly useful) cfortran.h.

The new F90 API consists of only two functions at the moment, while I
work out with users at GSFC the best form of API. If anyone has any
input on how they would like the new F90 API to work, I would be very
interested to hear it.

Thanks!

Ed
--