Changes in IDV

NOTE: The leadusers mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Hi Folks,

The IDV team released a new stable version of the IDV on Friday. In order for it to work with OpenDAP Servers it needs Java 1.5 installed on the local system. A number of LEAD users are running Java 1.4 and so encountered problems with visualizing their products in the IDV. This is because the default pointer within LEAD is to this stable release (and for the purposes of the forecast contest we will want the capabilities found therein). The IDV team would like to better address this situation with the release and so for the time being I've reverted the LEAD pointer to the previous stable release of the IDV.
You should now be able to visualize your WRF products regardless of the version
of Java you have on your local system.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tom.

Tom Baltzer
LEAD Support (support-lead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Please let us know of your successes and failures through the Contact Us link
on the Portal.