Re: [ldm-users] GOES-18 Interleave and Band 7 Anomaly

The general consensus I have heard from operational forecasters is that
this artifact, while annoying, does not significantly interfere with
feature identification. It is much more obvious in derived imagery (e.g.
RGBs and channel differences) than single-band CH7. It is also apparently
NOT affecting the L2 Fire Detection (FDC) products.

Hopefully, the engineers will be able to identify a fix or mitigation for
it.

--
Matt Foster, Science & Operations Officer
NWS Operations Proving Ground