[ldm-users] Unidata is looking for a Software Engineer!

Greeting all,

The Unidata Program Center is hiring! We are looking for a software
engineer to join our open source efforts related to Unidata's *Local Data
Manager (LDM)* package and community use of the LDM via the *Internet Data
Distributions (IDD)* system.

As part of the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) in
Boulder, CO, Unidata offers competitive salaries and great benefits. UCAR
was selected as one of the Best Companies to Work For in Colorado. Simply
put, Unidata is a great place to work. Unidata's team environment provides
high levels of autonomy and responsibility with great opportunity to excel
individually and contribute to the team's success.

You'll have a chance to work with a great team at the Unidata Program
Center and an enthusiastic open source community to test, maintain, and
develop Unidata software projects.

Specifically, we are looking for a person who will:

   - Assist in the development and community use and deployment of the LDM
   software package;
   - Employ a working knowledge of software engineering practices in
   version control, build systems, release management, unit testing,
   continuous integration, and defect management;
   - Collaborate with community users on remote installation and
   troubleshooting of LDM/IDD issues; and
   - Advise and resolve community support inquiries about the installation,
   configuration, and use of the LDM.

For a detailed job description, or to apply, please see the official
posting at
https://ucar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UCAR_Careers/job/Foothills-Lab-4/UNIDATA-Software-Engineer-III---LDM---IDD_REQ-2022-235-1
 .

Note: We're casting a wide net for this position, hoping to find someone to
join our team who shares our commitment to serving the geoscience education
and research community. If that sounds like you, don't hesitate to apply
even if you find yourself doubting your qualifications. If you're
passionate about this work, we want to talk!

For more information on UCAR and the application process, visit:
https://www.ucar.edu/opportunities/careers
  • Search the ldm-users archives: