Re: [ldm-users] NEXRAD ID changes??

Nothing beats a good Daryl LDM-users rant in the morning. He never lets me down!

Imagine my utter surprise when I did what Daryl said and I found products I
didn't know were being sent over NOAAport. Then, I got curious and instead of
using the "NEXRAD" feedtype, I used "ANY". That's when I was shocked to find
several products being sent under the HRS feed that were completely
undocumented by the NWS, and were needed! I alerted Steve Emmerson, who put out
a fix for it. 6.13.16 has it all sorted out now.

I'll point out that this thinking goes for any product. If there's a product
you think should be there that isn't coming in, and you know you're getting the
entire feed, use a request of "ANY" on that header. Rarely, it's an LDM bug,
but like the example above, it can happen where a product shows up on an
unexpected feedtype.

Gilbert