Re: [ldm-users] [EXTERNAL] temporary backup?

  • To: "Herbster, Christopher G." <herbstec@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] [EXTERNAL] temporary backup?
  • From: Stephen Adams <sadams@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 15:56:42 -0600
Thanks for the thought Chris.
We've got a filter on it already.
Our problem was/is the carrier to noise ratio, but haven't found the cause
yet. It was down around 7.0! If you check our rstats page (awis.awis.com)
you'll see it was out between 18Z on the 12th to 20Z on the 13th. Pete
rescued us around 2Z on the 13th. It struggled until about 7-8Z this
morning, but since then has been stable. C/N has been around 12-13 since
then. Good signal strength the whole time. Sure is baffling. Satellite dish
guy is coming tomorrow!

*Steve Adams | AWIS Weather Services*
888.798.9955 ext 1003 | sadams@xxxxxxxx | www.awis.com

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 3:43 PM Herbster, Christopher G. <herbstec@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Just catching up here ….
>

> Last summer our NOAAPort receiver stopped getting data.  We discovered our
> signal to noise ratio went negative.  It turned out to be a 5G issue,
> perhaps from T-Mobile adding a tower nearby.  We were able to get a filter
> that eliminated the noise issue and all is good again.
>

> Just a thought of something to check.
>

> Chris
>

> *Christopher Herbster, Ph.D.*
> *Associate Professor of Meteorology*