Re: [ldm-users] MRMS entries in pqact.conf file from NGRID

Hi Kevin,

Unidata recently added a whole host of MRMS products to the FNEXRAD feed.
Info on the feed, products, as well as pqact examples can be found here:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/fnexrad.html#mrms_products  For what it's
worth, there are more products available here than what come over SBN's
NGRID.

If you're looking specifically for MRMS products over the NGRID feed, they
[should] all include "grib2/161/161/#255" as part of their patterns so you
can set up a notifyme command for that to see what comes through.

As far as GEMPAK goes, you should just need to pipe the data through an
appropriate decoder.  Most of these products are grib2; below is an example
I have for QPE data (beware of spaces vs. tabs if you copy this).  This is
one of the products that does come over NGRID, but the same concept should
apply to the FNEXRAD MRMS products as well.

NGRID ^YAUP04 KWNR
    PIPE /home/gempak/NAWIPS/os/linux64/bin/dcgrib2 -d
data/gempak/logs/mrms.log
    -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables
    data/gempak/mrms/YYYYMMDDHH.mrms.gbcqpe.gem

Hope this helps,
-Mike

Mike Zuranski
Meteorology Support Analyst