Re: [ldm-users] queue size

well now there's 3 good points from karen, gilbert, and ryan...

if we are all 'right' .. and time is a factor, user dependent, then by definition our queue sizes should have been changing over the years.. mine has, but i'm just kind of anal like that... what "protocol" should we use to determine queue size?

somebody a long time ago, i have absolutely no idea threw up the idea of an hour and it stuck with me... so on my noaaport relays, and I ingest everything there is on those, by definition should contain a queue size equivalent to roughly one hours of data at average or peak times.. now what that was 10 years ago, is not what it is now, nor what it will be next year :o :P

good discussion!!! woohoo!!

cheers,

--patrick

  • Search the ldm-users archives: