Re: [ldm-users] UW-AOS IDD is down

  • To: Evan Lowery <elowery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] UW-AOS IDD is down
  • From: Pete Pokrandt <poker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 16:37:11 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=aos.wisc.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=aos.wisc.edu; dkim=pass header.d=aos.wisc.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=0ryLCfETY7d5bvaq/H0gxae6TSUjXlYmBJKNVFYWDcM=; b=XQstGc6bX53vA4crM3RFNdJSTT8FuHIRCyhEofwNddq/OdWvfuiCCsRnUg+tUjNM08GG3iMDqXUTA/TS0laPoHmwxOc0r+AQeuFl64eAZhCpTX7OdS6i15YkWhVPxPyiRFPJY/Ssw55sWiy7bVOfZK5PK0roljJy1W9zXucb6fUHiIbBPoK/R5oO3gw45a5ZaK9yLvLuD72nNJ0EnxEgIdO14+UDQK8Y2zNpR4eE0uJPj/72Cadt9j675EfqCHthQQcYE5fe13nBDkxJHZ7XgNDjdXhSv5TYz/JeIOPa88usCi7Q5FMIhbM35b4inOxrozXX6as8wMp2UVYCur0pqQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=FdfNRca0rmAAt/zLGyYcMQ3qAK5XMZk2uNYHCu2QQZWIrpwjeGlad6zbeO5r9z5QJ0nWnIWNWMHkMk2iuIdaK/O7obV6fcASZdmGRg3J15obUp/YnbhUDUc5UvOovyDYDZjarKtsoogAep6Nx5rXQ0c6MiKAXeMHwSqaUIM34n6x3/Aaon4tPDid2nYWpmFFJGBbigPIuDARyrJAMbJWnACwhYwybN3qoyQCA3bxCD05O2njvxQYuD9yNz73Nqq/uq9umbjgHUdtrwCgfelEgAoOTxsxnNSKuJY7h1zpuzgBijRclzEniCpz9kRpUv8xxsYSSUurzeugU6Ck3XyrUQ==
Evan, (cc rest of the community)

idd.aos.wisc.edu is back up and running - I reconfigured my set up to ingest to
a different machine until a new power supply gets here for the original.

I am dealing with other issues though - we have been seeing sporadic network
issues with our IDD data since about last Tuesday - when i restart the LDM,
some data feeds will be fast and have decent low latencies, and others will
not. I suspect it is a routing configuration issue, or perhaps something with
our equipment and the redundant fiber links (maybe one is good and the other
having issues, and depending on which one the connection goes through, it's
either good or not)

Take a look at some of the graphs of our latencies here and you'll see what I
mean..

https://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex?idd1.aos.wisc.edu

I filed a ticket with our network people on Friday afternoon, but have not
heard anything from them.

For what it's worth.. So frustrating..
Pete

<http://www.weather.com/tv/shows/wx-geeks/video/the-incredible-shrinking-cold-pool>-----
Pete Pokrandt - Systems Programmer
UW-Madison Dept of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
608-262-3086  - poker@xxxxxxxxxxxx