Re: [ldm-users] Strange LDM connectivity issue

  • To: "Herzmann, Daryl E [AGRON]" <akrherz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] Strange LDM connectivity issue
  • From: Evan Breznyik <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 14:55:26 -0800
I agree but will add:  we see problems with ldmping even when there is no
firewall and our servers are actively connected, so YMMV.

My fallback is to netcat or telnet to the LDM port (388) to test.   With
ldmping, it rarely works as described for me.  Of the 15 or so servers we
connect to, I can only ldmping one of them, and of those 15 I run 4 of them
and fully control the network plane which is wide open, so...I would try
the netcat or telnet trick...or, if possible, ping or traceroute to the
IP/host from LDM user or with sudo powers as well.  That can rule in or out
network/firewall issues...or it can also tell you (like I often
experience):  "the connection works fine but ldmping is confused for some
other reason".