Re: [ldm-users] LDM 6.13.12 released

Thank you, Steve, it was a pleasure to test this! I do think there is one other
bug for NOAAport downlink users that really needs to be mentioned:

Last November, a corrupted grib file crashed (technically, stopped) the LDM
nationwide at all NOAAport downlink sites at the NWS, .EDU's and .COM's (and
elsewhere). This can also happen if you have bad data reception of a grib file.
Now, it just throws an error message to the log, and it happily carries on.
It's just a flesh wound.

Additionally, a number of bugs which corrupted the queue have been swatted.
Most of them were rare, one of them was not, and I was bitten by that bug.

Finally, I must also acknowledge Mike Zuranski at the College of DuPage who
also helped me test this extensively on his servers. This way, we ran it on
both Debian and CentOS operating systems. We tested them on both satellite
ingesters, and relays.

If you run a NOAAport satellite ingester from your Novra or other receiver,
this is a ASAP must-install. If you have trouble with queue corruption, this is
an ASAP must-install, all in my opinion. Either way,
a ton of other small bugs have been swatted, and you can read those in the
README file, and you really should upgrade after testing it on your system.

Gilbert Sebenste
Consulting Meteorologist
AllisonHouse, LLC