[ldm-users] I hate when that happens...

Two hours after the release of LDM 6.13.8, I was checking on a server
in-house and did an ldmping to another server. It worked! But then I hit
CTRL-C, and I couldn't break out of it.

Ruh roh.

In an attempt to synchronize signals in the LDM, I had found a whoopsie.
LDM 6.13.10 fixes that bug.

I have been using 6.13.10 for a day now, and I've been looking for any
bugs/weirdness. So far, so good. Everything works as intended. Sorry I
didn't catch that two hours earlier, folks.

I know, at this point, you could be thinking:

1. Gilbert's finding all these boooooogs! It's not stable!
2. OK, I'm tired of updating my LDM. Can't I go to the beach now?

In reference to #1, 6.13.7 and later were far more stable than 6.13.6.
Having to manually kill a process from a program that doesn't often get
used doesn't make it unstable. And, the throughput improvement and the
memory usage improvements are major compared to 6.13.6. You don't have to
have partial feeds requiring multiple request lines to get the entire feed
timely anymore. Oh, and the security holes in 6.13.6 and earlier...patched.
Isn't THAT alone worth the upgrade?

Yes, yes it is. So, the College of DuPage and AllisonHouse are all on
6.13.10 with no issues noted (and I just found out with the next soon to be
released UNIDATA AWIPS update, LDM-6.3.10 will be included). Please, go for
it. Update it, you won't regret it! Especially if you have a newer
processor: 6.13.6 and earlier might not compile on them. And if you have a
NOAAport ingestor, this is a mandatory update if you want a reliable
ingest. This thing blows circles around LDM 6.13.6 and earlier, where you
can also very easily upgrade your GEMPAK tables as new grids/models come
out. Not to mention, it doesn't bog down, crash, or do the funky things it
used to do. All of that is long gone. I'm looking at you, National Weather
Service....I know the issues you have had with 6.13.6 and earlier on ingest
machines...this should take care of it, as it did for us at AllisnHouse and
at the College of DuPage.

So there. Update, then head to Key West. After this winter, you earned it.

Gilbert

--
----

Gilbert Sebenste