Re: [ldm-users] product codes - master list?

Hello Joseph,

I am not exactly certain what you are asking the group, but I think you want to
know if there is some master list of WMO header codes and what their contents
generally are.  Sadly, I don't know of such a listing, but here are some
resources that may help.

First, the general form of the WMO header and the AWIPS identifier (some call
AFOS ID) is

TTAAII CCCC DDHHMI BBB
XXXYYY

Where, TTAAII is supposed to be the six character (aside, there is still one
sad case where it is 5) code for the product, like SDUS91 you have in your
email.  Then CCCC is to be the originating center code.  Then DDHHMI is the UTC
day, hour, minute for the product.  The BBB is an optional field that denotes
things like product corrections or sequence numbers for products that have
matching "TTAAII CCCC DDHHMI".  The XXXYYY is not strictly a WMO header field,
but it is a very handy ID that is nicely translated by LDM into the product ID
part of the LDM product name "/pXXXYYY".  But caveat, when this field is not
properly whitespace padded to six characters (for IDs of less than 6
letters/numbers), it will not appear as the /p field in the LDM product name.

There are lots more caveats with the above, but I suspect I am getting into the
weeds here and others on this list have already heard my whining about
inconsistencies with the implementation of those values in products before .

Anyway, if you have some idea on what those identifiers could or should be, you
can do a search on my "IDD Database", which contains metadata on the LDM IDD
products (not fully comprehensive, but should have all text products).

https://id3b.agron.iastate.edu/

If you think you know what the XXXYYY should be, you can use this tool to look
up what my archiving has for it:

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/wx/afos/

If you think you know what the CCCC center code is, you can see a quick per-UTC
day view of text products from that center.

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/wx/afos/list.phtml

Another resource I often check is the GEMPAK distributed LDM pqact files, which
contain some metadata about the WMO headers and often gives a place to start:

https://github.com/Unidata/gempak/tree/master/ldm/etc

Oh dear, I rambled a bunch.  Perhaps I have not come close to answering your
question? :)

daryl

/**
 * daryl herzmann
 * Systems Analyst III -- Iowa Environmental Mesonet
 * https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
 */