Re: [ldm-users] Site-Specific name-space in registry.xml?

  • To: Stephen Dowdy <sdowdy@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] Site-Specific name-space in registry.xml?
  • From: Steven Emmerson <emmerson@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 13:27:11 -0700
Stephen,

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 12:38 PM Stephen Dowdy <sdowdy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12/6/18 12:20 PM, Steven Emmerson wrote:
> > The LDM registry doesn't have the concept of a reserved namespace. If
> you add parameters that no program requests, then they will be ignored by
> the registry library.
>
> But the command line 'regutil' tool honors them:

Correct. The program regutil(1) is now requesting the new parameters.

The registry library doesn't know about or care about what the registry
contains. If it finds what you're looking for, great; if not, it simply
returns an error. Nothing is special: you may add whatever you wish.

May I suggest, however, that you start any non-standard parameter names
with the prefix "/local" to avoid any conflicts.

--Steve
  • Search the ldm-users archives: