[ldm-users] Update on idd.aos.wisc.edu - now available for feeds or backup for any .edu

All,

Thanks to a generous Unidata Equipment grant from the last round, and setup
assistance from Mike Schmidt and Tom Yoksas at Unidata, UW-Madison Atmospheric
and Oceanic Sciences (AOS) is now running a two node ldm cluster that more than
doubles our capacity to serve data compared to our previous hardware.

As a result, I'm happy to announce the general availability of idd.aos.wisc.edu
as a backup to any .edu sites that are currently feeding from
idd.unidata.ucar.edu or elsewhere.

The allow should be there already - no need to request access (but feel free to
email me if you have problems/questions.)

Just add an additional ALLOW statement for any (or multiple) of the following
ldm data feeds:

CONDUIT

DIFAX (GOES16 GRB feed, will eventually be renamed SATELLITE and will include
GOES17 GB data when it's operational)

FNEXRAD

FNMOC (Navy model)

GEM (Canadian model)

HDS

IDS|DDPLUS

NEXRAD2

NEXRAD3

NGRID [NOAAport model data]

NIMAGE [NOAAport legacy imagery, GINI format]

NOTHER [NOAAport GOES 16/17 products, mostly]

UNIWISC

For anyone already feeding from UW-AOS, please feel free to continue as you
were.

Thanks again, Unidata and NSF for funding this. THREDDS server coming soon...

Pete

<http://www.weather.com/tv/shows/wx-geeks/video/the-incredible-shrinking-cold-pool>--
Pete Pokrandt - Systems Programmer
UW-Madison Dept of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
608-262-3086  - poker@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Search the ldm-users archives: