[ldm-users] UWisc Madison AOS firewall migration - Sunday Oct 14, 2230 UTC (5:30 CDT)

All,

** Note - this only affects *.aos.wisc.edu machines - it does NOT affect
.ssec.wisc.edu or other .wisc.edu machines.**

Our campus is in the process of migrating to a new firewall appliance, and I
have just been notified that the UW-AOS network will be moved starting around
5:30 PM this Sunday evening (2230 UTC)

I'm not sure how long it takes, or how long of a data outage can be expected,
but if all goes well, the rules should migrate over and all of our ldm and
other resources should be available on the other side.

That said, if you are feeding data from idd.aos.wisc.edu or any other
.aos.wisc.edu machines, you might want to have a backup in place for this
weekend, just in case we go down for an extended period of time.

Pete

<http://www.weather.com/tv/shows/wx-geeks/video/the-incredible-shrinking-cold-pool>--
Pete Pokrandt - Systems Programmer
UW-Madison Dept of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
608-262-3086  - poker@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Search the ldm-users archives: