Re: [ldm-users] It is time...NIU Weather shutdown

  • To: Gilbert Sebenste <gilbert@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] It is time...NIU Weather shutdown
  • From: Victor Gensini <vgensini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 11:06:58 -0500
Gilbert,

Your efforts cannot be thanked enough. You are a true example of what is
possible when the community is engaged. I thank you for allowing me to run
GEMPAK and answering shell questions many many years ago...in addition to
helping be jumpstart LDM on atlas. You are part of the reason I am now involved
with Unidata.

FYI LDMers, there is an alternate feed from NIU now that I am in the department
(atlas.niu.edu), and I’d be happy to add allows for anyone interested. No
NOAAport, but we are on a 10 GB/s connection. Woohoo!

Best,

—————
Vittorio (Victor) A. Gensini, Ph.D
Assistant Professor
Department of Geographic and Atmospheric Sciences
Davis Hall, Room 118
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115
http://wcs.niu.edu