Re: [ldm-users] Looking for GOES-16 data for the solar eclipse last year

I have all of the tiled data from NOAAPORT in tar files, from 15 UTC through 22
UTC 21 Aug 2017.

The GRB data are available from a few cloud providers (amazon, google, etc.)

Here's a blog post that I ran across a few days ago describing how to pull data
and process from google. Might require some tweaking - not sure I like their
color scheme.. But it could get you started accessing the data.

https://cloud.google.com/blog/big-data/2018/01/how-to-process-weather-satellite-data-in-real-time-in-bigquery

[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_bzsJ_whsNbw1UlDuT-2r1auTHDFODodoOH0QtbswnZk7tICdAPS0sA5Uo8z4qI-XARaIlnA8LA5f7w2J3LiGUCcUvprEigGD_Zz7EBO2jSKxbXqv7WIpkIWQf7a3eRyF0gJ9-xd]<https://cloud.google.com/blog/big-data/2018/01/how-to-process-weather-satellite-data-in-real-time-in-bigquery>

How to process weather satellite data in real-time in
...<https://cloud.google.com/blog/big-data/2018/01/how-to-process-weather-satellite-data-in-real-time-in-bigquery>
cloud.google.com
Learn how to analyze historical GOES-16 geostationary weather satellite data in
BigQuery, and visualize a real-time feed, to understand weather events .

Pete

<http://www.weather.com/tv/shows/wx-geeks/video/the-incredible-shrinking-cold-pool>--
Pete Pokrandt - Systems Programmer
UW-Madison Dept of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
608-262-3086  - poker@xxxxxxxxxxxx