[ldm-users] GOES16 Meso Region Center Points

Hi all,

I noticed something recently and was wondering if anyone knew more about
it.  I see that occasionally, but not always, the center point of a
mesoscale region will vary slightly between the bands.  It appears to
correlate with the spatial resolution of the bands.  I've only noticed this
twice so far, but both times were when it was centered pretty far west.  I
suppose this would make some sense as spatial resolution would change with
respect to distance from nadir.

For example, presently Mesoscale-1 is centered just off the California
coast.  the 1km bands have a center point of 39.5, -128.2, band 02 (0.5km)
is at 39.5, -128.3, and the 2km bands are all at 39.4, -128.0.

What I'm wondering is how frequently might this occur, if it really is
correlated with distance from nadir, and if it will only ever result in
differences between bands of different spatial resolutions.  Has anyone
else noticed this?

Thanks,

-Mike

Mike Zuranski