[ldm-users] question about primary and secondary data transfer

I have an LDM server that is connected to two upstreams - one is my NOAAPORT
ingester on my local network, and one is a backup site at a remote location. I
have both listed in my ldmd.conf, with the local server listed first, and the
request patterns are identical.

Looking at the queue, it looks like all is well - the origin on all the
products is from our local NOAAPORT ingest server. If I look at the network
traffic on that server, however, I see a lot of data coming in from the remote
server - almost as much as we are bringing in from the local server. I theorize
that the downstream doesn't see it locally, and requests it from the remote
upstream, but by the time it arrives, it's come in from the local upstream? I
can't find any other reason that we'd be having that much traffic from an
upstream LDM that never appears as an origin for the products in our queue.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Clearly, I'd prefer not to use that much
bandwidth if we don't have to. Is there a way to have it only hit the remote
upstream if the local is unavailable?

Here's the relevant part of my ldmd.conf:

REQUEST ANY     ".*"    <IP of local noaaport ingester>
REQUEST ANY     ".*"    <IP of remote noaaport ingester>

Greg Trotter
System Administrator
Weather Decision Technologies, Inc
201 David L Boren Blvd Suite 270