[ldm-users] NOAAPort Status

Since SES-1 will go dark in a few days, our IT guys pointed the second dish to the new Galaxy Bird... For those interested our "newer" Mesh dish performs better than our (really) old solid fiberglass dish pointing to the same bird and receiving the same signal over obviously identical novras :

http://modelweather.com/noaaport/status/

My guess is this is more related to the parabolics of the dishes than their material, but I always find these types of things interesting, so thought you might too

currently mesh is ~ 16 Ctn while solid is 13.8 Ctn

Happy New Year!

--patrick

----
Patrick L. Francis