Re: [ldm-users] Is my Novra properly configured for GOES-16 ?

  • To: "Patrick L. Francis" <wxprofessor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] Is my Novra properly configured for GOES-16 ?
  • From: Daniel Vietor - NOAA Affiliate <dan.vietor@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 13:08:57 -0600
Here is what I'm using with LDM 6.13.6.

EXEC    "noaaportIngester -l /nrs/logs/nwstg.log   -I 10.0.5.51 -m
224.0.1.1"
EXEC    "noaaportIngester -l /nrs/logs/goes.log    -I 10.0.5.51 -m
224.0.1.2"
EXEC    "noaaportIngester -l /nrs/logs/nwstg2.log  -I 10.0.5.51 -m
224.0.1.3"
EXEC    "noaaportIngester -l /nrs/logs/oconus.log  -I 10.0.5.51 -m
224.0.1.4"
EXEC    "noaaportIngester -l /nrs/logs/goesr-e.log -I 10.0.5.51 -m
224.0.1.10"

You need a recent version of LDM for it to set up the multicast right for
GOES 16 data.  I believe 6.13 is the critical version.

Then you should see GOES 16 data under the NOTHER feed type and WMO header
TIRE and TIRS.

Dan.

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Patrick L. Francis <wxprofessor@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I'm trying to resolve some issues getting GOES-16 data over NOAAPort and I
> was wondering if some kind soul out there could sanity-check my Novra
> configuration?..
>
> probably your pid configuration... sat interface should be
>
> i run my pids through 14
>

> good luck
>
> --patrick
>
> …………………………………………………………...........
>
> Patrick L. Francis
>
> Vice President of Research & Development
>
> Aeris Weather
>

> http://aerisweather.com/
>
> http://modelweather.com/
>

> wxprofessor@xxxxxxxxx