Re: [ldm-users] no-data values in GOES-16 in visible imagery

I just came across this document that describes a number of issues that they
are still working on with the GOES-16 CMI data (the remapped, processed data
that we get through NOAAPORT)

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sites/default/files/attachments/README_ABI-L1b-CMI_Provisional_Maturity.pdf

GOES-16 ABI Level 1b (L1b) and Cloud and Moisture Imagery
...<https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sites/default/files/attachments/README_ABI-L1b-CMI_Provisional_Maturity.pdf>
www.ncdc.noaa.gov
GOES-16 ABI Level 1b (L1b) and Cloud and Moisture Imagery (CMI) Release
Provisional Data Quality July 10, 2017 Read-Me for Data Users The GOES-R Peer
Stakeholder ...

Many of the issues that we've noticed (missing values in bright visible,
striping, periodic callibration issues in the colder temps on IR channels,
etc..) are known and documented here, and fixes are in development.

FYI.

Pete

<http://www.weather.com/tv/shows/wx-geeks/video/the-incredible-shrinking-cold-pool>--
Pete Pokrandt - Systems Programmer
UW-Madison Dept of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
608-262-3086  - poker@xxxxxxxxxxxx