Re: [ldm-users] Product queue size

I have heard that a very large product queue can start incurring so much overhead to maintain that it can slow LDM down noticeably. I have not, however, found anything in writing saying as much via Google searches.

We're in a situation where our 4GB PQ is dropping down to a max age of around 5 minutes at times. We're trying to decide if we just keep increasing the size of the queue or look for other solutions.

I have found that building a ramdisk and maintaining the queue there to be the most efficient means of processing the ldm queue... on my noaaport relays, I only maintain the queue and do not write anything via pqact so that xfer is nearly instantaneous... the deciding factor in the instances of relays or production boxes with ldm queues is then how much physical ram is available to be utilized just for queues vs the need for operations

cheers,

--patrick

…………………………………………………………...........

Patrick L. Francis