Re: [ldm-users] Product queue size

Hi Matt,

I have not noticed any runtime slow down when using larger queues with
LDM.   I have queues of 8GB and 12GB and have not had any problems with
them.

The only time I have noticed an effect from the larger queues is when
stopping LDM.

I'm not 100% sure but as if I understand correctly; when running, the queue
is all kept in RAM, so IO is not typically an issue, but if you stop it
flushes to disk, and that can take some time with larger queues and
sometimes it goes awry.

So, if you are stopping and starting a lot, it could have an impact.

I've also talked with other LDM users about running multiple instances of
LDM with discrete queues, but I have never actually done it myself.